EBC Blue Stuff Traseira - BMW M3 E9X / 1M
Bluestuff is an entry level trackday and race pad that has good street manners and is actually R90 approved for street driving. There are two compounds within the Bluestuff range Bluestuff NDX higher friction 0.52 Mu and new Bluestuff B with a lower 0.42 Mu.
However, due to Bluestuff having excellent cold friction and being very controllable, this compound has quickly become the brake pad of choice for performance road car drivers in USA and Asia markets where R90 homologation does not apply. More recently, EBC is pleased to announce that Bluestuff has passed extensive road-focused testing and gained R90 approval on some E.U. fitments, making it unique in being the first truly track-focused pad which is also perfectly legal for use on the public roads across Europe. There is no requirement for E.U. customers to inform their insurance company following the fitment of R90 approved pads.
For customers with experience of EBC’s widely acclaimed Yellowstuff material, Bluestuff boasts a similar friction profile but with a usefully higher friction coefficient across the now larger working range, feeling much like you’d imagine Yellowstuff to feel after a double hit of espresso. Bluestuff has the added benefit of much faster bed in time has a high friction coefficient without feeling grabby, taking things up a notch from EBC’s Yellowstuff material by bringing superb pedal modulation to a track pad with even greater fade resistance
- Bluestuff is made in two versions… Bluestuff NDX front at the higher friction 0.52μ and Bluestuff B with a medium 0.42μ friction for lighter cars and rear axles
- Recently reformulated to speed up bedding in dramatically on the track
- Excellent wear life when operated at temperatures 0-550°C (Ambient - 1000 °F)
- Impressive cold bite makes these pads suitable for street driving, or for driving to/from the track
- Very easy on rotors resulting in minimal rotor wear
- Made with Nucap NRS hooks on back plates to totally eliminate the chance of pad debond
- EBC BlueStuff are fully R90 approved and therefore street legal
- Developed as a Hybrid fast street and Track pad. For longer and more serious race use check out our RP or SR series pads